I don’t know about you all, but I have missed Blog Battles! But take heart! We are resuming battles January 10th, 2017.
There are two changes to take note of:
- We’ve reinstated the 1000 word limit (give or take a couple 100
- Now you will be given a WORD and a GENRE to write your story in for the week.
- This is designed to help stretch you as a writer and help you discover new ways to create what you never thought to try before.
- Think of it as a personal challenge. Just do your best and have fun.
So, get it on your calendar, and for this first word/genre of the new year you have extra time to plan and write! Start now! Post your story to your blog on January 10, and make sure you link back to this post or the Rules page so we don’t miss getting you listed on the weekly stories post.
If you blog on a platform other than WP, you can either post a link in the comments or email me the link to add using the contact form on the About page.
Leave a comment if you’ve got questions or, well, comments. 🙂
JANUARY 10th, 2017 Battle
GENRE: Tall Tale
- Tall Tale: humorous story with blatant exaggerations, swaggering heroes who do the impossible with nonchalance