The Prompt Word is given on the First FRIDAY of Every Month. You then have 2 weeks before the Stories Post will go live.
- You can post a link to your story in the comments section at any time, and we’ll add it to the Stories Post.
Be sure to post your story by the 3rd Friday of the Same Month and check out the other listed stories (this is the same date as the Stories Post goes live).
Share your input in the comments of the Stories Post to let us know your favorites!
- minimum 250 to 2000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG-13 (or less)-type Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
*disclaimer: the views of individual writers do not necessarily reflect the views or values of the owner/administrators of blogbattlers.wordpress.com. If you discover inappropriate, hateful or otherwise disturbing or needlessly offensive content that doesn’t fit within the guidelines/rules of the word prompts, please reach out via the contact form on our About page. Thank you!
ANY PHOTOS INCLUDED WITH THE PROMPT ARE ONLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT AS A PINCH OF INSPIRATION. THEY DON’T NEED TO DICTATE YOUR THEME OR STORY GENRE. ONLY THE WORD OF THE MONTH COUNTS! PHOTOS ARE THANKS TO PUBLIC DOMAIN PHOTO SHARING SITES LIKE UNSPLASH AND PIXABAY.