January 2021 Blog Battle
Can you believe it’s 2021 already? Wow. Happy new year to you! The last year flew by in a whirlwind of I don’t know what, but now that a new year has begun we have new hopes, dreams, and challenges to face. We hope you’ll continue to join with us throughout the coming year for our monthly word prompt!
If you missed the announcement yesterday, we made a couple of minor changes to the battles that we hope will encourage you throughout the year with plenty of time (two weeks) to write your story (or chapter, if you are using #BlogBattle as inspiration for a serial story or book), plenty of time to read (approximately 1-2 weeks), and MORE words to work within (up to 2000 words)!
Our word this month is:
You can start writing at any time, but make sure you post your story by the
15th of January
to have a link shared here and on social media.
(We’ll have a grace period the 1st few months)
Once you’ve posted your story to your blog, put a link to it in the comments section, and we’ll add your story to the Battle Stories Line-up post that goes live the 3rd Friday of the month (the same as the post-by date).
Make sure to check back and read some of the stories of your fellow battlers. Leave comments to encourage these writers. And go a step further in supporting one another by sharing each other’s stories on your own blog or social media, whatever you’re most comfortable with!
The Prompt Word will be given the First FRIDAY of every month.
Post your story by the 3rd Friday of the same month (this is the same date as the Stories post goes live).
- minimum 250 to 2000 words max (give or take a few)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less)-type Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!