Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle, a weekly writing prompt competition! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules.
Post your “Debacle” story by midnight PST tonight and add a pingback link to this post so I don’t miss adding it! If you don’t see it here, just leave comment with the link and we’ll ad it ASAP. Looking forward to reading your stories!
- Secrets of the Spokanee by Rachael Ritchey
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Rachael wins by default! Well, I guess there are worse things.
But hey! Next week’s word is PERFECT, so start right now, tap those fingers across those keys, and give us something imperfect and beautiful in your own words! Set it up to auto post on Tuesday w/a link back here. 🙂
Next week’s Theme Word is PERFECT
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (you have a week to write it)
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the next Monday at midnight to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.