Heavens to Betsy! I’m such a absentminded goof. I totally forgot to add the poll for “Derelict” last week, so make sure to vote right here for last weeks’ stories then down below you’ll soon find this week’s “Sacrilege” stories and then the poll will be available for that set on Wednesday. *sigh* 😀
Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle, a weekly writing prompt competition! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules.
Battle 70’s “Derelict” Winner is will get announced next week with the “Sacrilege” winner!!
- The Hall of Meating by David Williamson
- Glass Rain by Phoenix Grey
- Sacrilege by Kristin Elise Garrett
- Sacrifice of Sacrilege by Rachael Ritchey
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Next Week’s Theme Word: VAMPIRE
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (you have a week to write it)
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the next Monday at midnight to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.