Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle, a weekly writing prompt competition! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules.
Battle 64’s “Flavour” Winner is ________ I DON’T have a clue! The stories all tied on votes, but I’ll read them this week (I’m very bad and haven’t read them!) and will make a final vote to break the tie. The winner for Flavor will be announced later this week. 🙂 Don’t forget to add the battle winner badge to your story!
- The Devil’s Bath by David Williamson
- It’s Not Really About the Bathtub by Rachael Ritchey
- Of Bathtub Memoirs by Beaton M.
- The Life of Vivian Buchanan by Carrie Ann
- The Previous Owners by Lauren Gunter
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
Next week’s word chosen from the list by utilizing random.org: Indigenous
Have fun with that! 🙂
This week: Only ONE VOTE. Vote for your favorite.
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (you have a week to write it)
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the next Monday at midnight to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.