Hello! Welcome to the new Blog Battle, a weekly writing prompt competition! If you haven’t already, check out the slightly altered rules.
You have until midnight Tuesday (tonight) to post a short story to your blog using the Theme Word: Portent. 🙂 See what you can come up with. Have fun!
If you’d like a little starter sentence:
The portent of what they were about to do struck him as funny, but he squelched the laugh, knowing Thad would not find it amusing.
In honor of NaNoWriMo just over the horizon, Battle 77’s “Perfect” Winner is Rough It by Lauren Gunter! Congrats! Don’t forget to add the battle winner badge to your story!
PS If I’m missing your story, just leave me a comment to let me know!
Next Week’s Theme Word Will Be: TORRENT
POLL WILL BE HERE WEDNESDAY
Read all the stories & PLEASE VOTE for your top THREE favorites (not all for the same, though!).
- 1500 words max (effective May 2016)
- fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- PG (no more than PG-13) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the word(s) from the theme and/or be centered around the theme in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- State the Genre of your story at the top/bottom of your post.
- Post your story on Tuesday by 11:59 PM PST (you have a week to write it)
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section, and/or include a link to a battle post (not a page) in your own blog post (it creates a “ping-back” which will alert me and our friends to your #BlogBattle post).
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting your story.
- Let us know if you have a Facebook author/writer page so we can LIKE it to stay connected.
- Have fun!
You have until the next Monday at midnight to read the submitted stories & vote for your top three. Please consider the expert use of the theme word when choosing.